Monday 12 May 2008

sunshine

So, the sunshine is a bit of a distraction at the minute... it IS lovely and went up to Knockagh monument after my exam today to clear my head and see the gorgeous view - but I have to say it always seems to arrive just in time for exam season! Think my verse for today/this week is....
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant, whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." Ecc 11:4
In other words, stop thinking about the sunshine and get back to the books! All I can say is that it better hold out till saturday when I finish!

Just thinking as I write a post about the weather that I have definitely been away from Africa for too long if I'm distracted by sunshine... ahhh...

The cyclone and earthquake this week put a different perspective on watching the wind. Watching the news tonight from Burma and China, I feel like sometimes my life can be so wrapped up in the trivial. But somehow I know God is still God in the earth-shattering storms at the other side of the world as well as in the mundane of revision and sunshine.

No comments: