I was at an amazing gig last night in the ulster hall of 'ALL northern ireland's music greats' as one guy at the end kept saying... although I think there might be a few missing! Because I didn't grow up in Belfast, it was a valuable part of my education catch up!! Despite what the picture below suggests, I actually had a good time! It must have been taken in between the long breaks when they were get organised for the radio broadcast... and I blinked... not sleeping... promise :)

For me, Foy Vance's second song was the best of the night... he's just so good live and I love his facial expressions when he sings too :) Looking forward to his next album already!

I wonder if anyone else noticed the lack of female musicians represented last night, despite the token few in the lovely Lowly Knights...
Overall, a mixture of the random and the amazing, the old and the new, the bold and the beautiful... definitely a night to remember!
3 comments:
i'm in that photo too, the top right face just in front of the sound desk. if i had some kind of wonderful virtual pen i'd circle it. In all my wonderful, pixelated glory. Got chatting to your brother briefly too.
Neil Hannon kind of stole it for me. Good gig.
Hey! Wow- sounds like an amazing gig, who else was playing?! I have a friend of a friend in the Lowly Knights so I hear about them a lot but have never heard any of their stuff, are they good? Loving the pic! Glad you enjoyed it more than the pic implies...!:)
can't say i can actually see you in the photo but i'll take your word for it! neil hannon was hilarious and brilliant at the same time.
debs, check out bbc2 9pm on st patrick's day for repeat...
Post a Comment