I had a constructive day today :) - back into my last (ever!?) 2 weeks of classes and the start of exam revision season - just in time for the sunshine (four days in a row!). Had a fascinating lecture today on hand injuries... accompanied by lovely pictures. One before/after case study was of a guy who had his hand completely cut off just above the wrist with a chain saw... and then a video of him taken yesterday with the hand reattached - after months of therapy he had regained amazing movement! Great stuff. (I'll spare you the photos...)
I'm determined to finish strong. I have a tendency (!) to procrastinate so really trying not to as much this time.... makes me think of a few spurgeon quotes...
"It is by little procrastinations that (wo)men ruin their souls. They have no intention to delay for years - a few months will bring the more convenient season - tomorrow if you will, they will attend to serious things; but the present hour is so occupied and altogether so unsuitable, that they beg to be excused. Like sands from an hour-glass, time passes, life is wasted by driblets, and seasons of grace lost by little slumbers...."
"The way to do a great deal is to keep on doing a little. The way to do nothing at all is to be continually resolving that you will do everything."
Don't want to lose this season of grace.
Tuesday 21 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. That quote is challenging.
Post a Comment