can't believe summer is nearly over but the chill in the air, my first cold of the season and (another!) university registration have convinced me it really is true. but i'm still reflecting/lingering over some stuff i read in nigeria before the excuses of busyness and more physio books take over my life again... Tozer is the kind of writer that takes a long time to digest!! Here's a quote and a prayer from The Pursuit of God that have continued to resonate...
"To have found God and yet to still pursue Him is the soul's greatest paradox of love."
-AW Tozer
"O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, 'Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away.' Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long. . ."
-AW Tozer
Thursday 20 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment