Friday 15 August 2008

our kind don't settle?

I'm taking off again in the morning . . . part of me can't wait; part of me was just starting to catch my breath from south africa. Sometimes I don't feel very settled... even though I've technically been in the same place for 6 years now. Maybe it's because some my friends have changed/moved country/moved on and I'm not always 100% settled in my church at the minute. I'm thankful for family that is still around (for now anyway). But, I probably haven't done myself any favours escaping the country for a few months most summers... and this year is no different. One of my friends from high school says, "Settle? Our kind don't settle." Part of me agrees, but part of me thinks it's up to me to make more effort to plant my feet and learn to grow where I'm put...

I guess I'm in over-analysing mode... don't get me wrong, I'm definitely still looking forward to the next month! Lack of internet will probably bring a lull again to this wee venting space, but I shall return... ready to plant those itchy feet (i think...). In the meantime, bring on african thunderstorms, pounded yam, crazy hospital wards, amazing alive worship on a sunday afternoon... oh and that smell (the good nostalgic type) that hits you when you walk off the plane. Who knows, the super eagles might even have a repeat of Olympics 96 while I'm there - just for me... and the other 120million football crazy people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i believe you were referring to me and jesse's comments! :)
we actually were saying it in reference to: we don't settle for anything less than what is best ... not necessarily about settling in a place/time/etc.
i want my heart to settle down. do i want my heart to settle for something/someone mediocre ... no! and i say that, having settled for something/someone like that before.
anyway, stopped by for the first time in a bit - and thought i'd clarify the context! :)
muah. xo.
eunice