Just back from Nigeria. Read this prayer this evening which I feel like echoing...
"Thank You that I can safely commit my location and situation to You. I can 'be willing for You to shift me anywhere on life’s checkerboard, or bury me anywhere in life’s garden, gladly yielding myself for You to please Yourself with, anywhere and anyway You choose' (source unknown). Thank You that I can trust You with my future places - ready to go, ready to stay.
So I rest in the fact that You have me in this place for this day, and I praise You that You will faithfully guide me throughout life to just where you want me to be, as I seek to do Your will.
And most important of all is my place in You. How delighted I am to have You as my dwelling place where I can settle down, feel secure and be content anywhere on earth…You are my blessed home, 'where I can enter and be at rest even when all around and above is a sea of trouble' (Andrew Murray). How my soul delights to hide in the secret of Your presence…to take refuge in the shadow of Your wings, to eat at Your table, to drink my fill of the river of Your delights. How blessed I am, my King and my God, for You have chosen me, and brought me near, to live in Your presence, to behold Your delightfulness, to seek Your counsel…And to think that I will dwell in Your house forever!” - Ruth Myers
Tuesday 16 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi! Welcome back! Ireland was actually the first place I looked at but flights are in the $1000s from the U.S. :( I'll keep checking, but we probably can't make it unless it's somewhere around $500-$600 (is that so much to ask?) :) Seriously though, that would be amazing!
Post a Comment