"A Nigerian consortium planning to bid for Newcastle needs to raise an "extra £50m to £100m" to buy the club, with owner Mike Ashley holding out for £400m." (Daily Mirror)
Ok, so this is the latest in the Newcastle FC saga... I just find it so hard not be sceptical about this "Nigerian consortium". I know Nigeria/Nigerians loves premiership football... you can watch the big matches in every town with electricity and everywhere you look around town, people are wearing replica football tops - mostly ManU, Chelsea or Arsenal ripoffs. I actually could watch more premiership football living in Nigeria than I can here. But I just can't quite believe some Nigerian group is going to pay to buy Newcastle! Craziness. I guess it's probably oil money just like Man City's new owners. Just smells a bit fishy (aka 419 as we say). Time will tell but I'll be following this story with interest! I just wish someone would pour £400m into Nigerian football development.
Tuesday 23 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment