The sunset was stunning today on my drive home . . . it made me think of heaven. And a few quotes...
"I feel sometimes as if I were a child who opens its eyes on the world once and sees amazing things it will never know any names for and then it has to close its eyes again. I know this is all mere apparition compared to what awaits, but it is only lovelier for that." (Gilead p65)
but it's hope / glimpses of so much more than a sunset...
"Jesus, unlike the founder of any other major faith, holds out hope for ordinary human life. Our future is not an etheral impersonal form of consciousness. We will not float through the air but rather will eat, embrace, sing, laugh and dance in the kingdom of God, in degrees of power, glory and joy that we can't at present imagine." (The Prodigal God p104)
Tuesday 27 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment