"Let him who cannot be alone beware of community.
Let him who is not in community beware of being alone..."
"Only as we are within the fellowship can we be alone, and only he that is alone can live in the fellowship."
"The more genuine and the deeper our community becomes, the more will everything else between us recede, the more clearly and purely will Jesus Christ and his work become the one and only thing that is vital between us."
Just some thoughts from Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Life Together that I read recently. He understood the need to both be in community and yet still to be able to be alone... I'm craving community at the minute and just feel like I'm floating a bit. But at the same time, I have so much to learn about being alone before God... learning the freedom to be alone...
"Only as we are within the fellowship can we be alone, and only he that is alone can live in the fellowship."
"The more genuine and the deeper our community becomes, the more will everything else between us recede, the more clearly and purely will Jesus Christ and his work become the one and only thing that is vital between us."
Just some thoughts from Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Life Together that I read recently. He understood the need to both be in community and yet still to be able to be alone... I'm craving community at the minute and just feel like I'm floating a bit. But at the same time, I have so much to learn about being alone before God... learning the freedom to be alone...
"What a man is alone on his knees before God, that he is, and no more."
-Robert Murray M'Cheyne
No comments:
Post a Comment